Difficulty Rating: 2/10 – although adult help may be required in lifting
- Snow – about 0.05m (2 inches) deep over an area of approx. 10m x 10m – not all of which will be used.
- Coal nuggets x 5
- Carrot (common or garden variety) x 1
- Hat x 1
- Scarf x 1
- Twig/branch about finger width thick and 1m long x2
- Gloves or mittens. Preferably waterproof, however, welders gloves worked OK
- Elbow grease and/or some friends.
- Black dog is not required, and may hinder proceedings
- Make a snowball by cupping snow between hands. Do not throw it.
- Put the snowball on the ground and roll it about in the snow. Keep rolling it around – other snow will stick to it and it will grow – try to keep out of muddy areas.
- Once one snowball is large, make a second smaller ball.
- Put smaller snowball on top of larger one *WARNING – danger of injury to back*.
- If your snowballs are muddy, pat clean snow over them.
- Work out where you want the arms to go.
- Insert twigs for the arms.
- Place coal nuggets for eyes and buttons and carrot for a nose.
- Dress your snowman appropriately.
- Take a photo, so you can have a memory when you get too hot in the summer.